If you’ve loved the fun partner workouts celebrity fitness trainer Beth Alexander does with Jeanette Jenkins like this HIIT bodyweight workout, you’ll be psyched to try this mini-band workout Alexander recently shared on Instagram. It’s perfect for home, outside, or while traveling because all you need is this one little piece of equipment.
This is a total-body workout, but most of the moves target your legs and butt, so expect to walk funny tomorrow! Alexander said to use a band that you can stretch through your entire range of motion and that still feels like a challenge. She added that the goal is to use the band to help you find and feel the burn in your glutes, but your abs and arms will feel it, too!
Total-Body Mini Band Workout
Equipment needed: one mini resistance band
Directions: After warming up, set a timer and do all six exercises for 30 to 45 seconds (on both sides when necessary). Repeat for two to three sets. Finish with a cooldown like this 10-minute stretching routine.
- Step out plus squat: 30 to 45 seconds
- Booty burner: 30 to 45 seconds on both sides
- Fire hydrant: 30 to 45 seconds on both sides
- Glutes bridge: 30 to 45 seconds
- Supine banded bicycle: 30 to 45 seconds
- Plank with clockwork: 30 to 45 seconds on both sides